There are quite strict requirements regarding the registration of a gambling license in Belarus. Nevertheless, the gambling business is rapidly developing, and a huge number of operators consider that the gambling market in Belarus is attractive to run business. Gambling licenses in Belarus are issued to operators by the Ministry of Taxes and Assessments.
As for the online gambling business, it was legalized in Belarus on April 1, 2019. In addition, the authorities also allowed the advertising of gambling at sporting events on October 2 of the same year.
Today, the Belarusian government allows operators to offer different types of gambling activities:
- online casino;
- slot machine hall;
- land-based casino;
Requirements for obtaining a casino gaming license in Belarus
- Open a private entrepreneur or open a company on the territory of Belarus.
- An impeccable reputation with directors and shareholders.
- Confirm that directors and shareholders pay taxes on a regular basis.
- Pay the security deposit.
- Open a bank account in Belarus.
- RNG certificate for online casinos.
- Certificate of compliance with the security system of the online casino.
- Operators and managers must have at least three years of experience in the field of the gambling industry and at least two years for operators of an online casino.
- Availability of premises for carrying out gambling activities.
Required documents for getting a gambling license in Belarus
- Identity documents of all key persons.
- Copies of constituent documents of a legal entity.
- Documents confirming the state registration of a legal entity
- Certificate of no criminal record.
- Documents confirming the payments of duty.
- A copy of the employment record book of the director or his deputy.
- A document confirming the inspection of the premises that was issued by the local internal affairs agencies.
- Copies of documents confirming the ownership of the premises or other legal basis for conducting gambling activities in the premises.
How much does a gambling license cost in Belarus?
In order to obtain a license for an online casino in Belarus, operators need to pay a state fee of 500 base units. In 2021, one basic unit is 29 Belarusian rubles. Also, the operator needs to put $1 million in the bank account as a security deposit. Thus, the gambling business owner provides a guarantee of the payment of winnings and other mandatory payments in the case of financial difficulties or bankruptcy.
Operators are taxed 4% on player winnings. In addition, operators have to pay €2,500, €4,000 for one gaming table, and € 80-100 for one slot machine.
Period of validity of a license for gambling business in Belarus
A casino license in Belarus is issued for ten years. The long-term validity of this license is a significant advantage for operators, as they do not need to frequently renew the license and spend their time and money collecting and submitting documents additionally.